Friday, August 10, 2018

DAY 28 VILLARES DE ORBIGO

Its day 28 and I'm in a beautiful village called  Villares de Orbigo just east of Astorga.  The Albergue has the name of the village and is owned and managed by a lovely woman from Belgium.  Creatively decorated and extremely clean.  So enjoying my afternoon after walking ten miles in 5 hours.  It was cold this morning but is quite warm in the sun this afternoon.  While walking through Hospital de Orbigo I walked across a beautiful and very old stone bridge, said to be the longest bridge on the camino frances. 
I'm sure you saw my earlier post that Jenn has completed her camino and will be headed home tomorrow.
Met interesting people as I walked today.  Audry from Germany, a father and 10 year old daughter walking the camino together and camping at night along the way. My roommate from last night Sieligee from south Korea was headed much further than me but I kept catching her as she took short breaks to rest her feet.  Also I think Tevo, the Australian from China who was born in Denmark, may also be staying here tonight.  Seeing more and more pilgrims every day.  New drink that we find refreshing is beer with lemonade.  Gives it a nice tangy flavor.  
Life is good on the Camino...tomorrow is a walk through farmland and meadows with slight hills.  Getting me ready for the mountains to come. Keeping all of you in California fires in my prayers.  Buen Camino

No comments: