Friday, August 4, 2017

Dear Friends....

I see that things on my blog have changed since I last took time to write.  We've been busy moving into a new home since April.  Photos are there but the links from my blog to google are not working.

The good news is that the stories are still there and the photos are still there I just have to discover how to let you access them.  

 Plans for 2018 include a thirty day cruise in the spring from Tampa, Florida to St. Petersburg, Russia.   And I'm going to celebrate my 80th year by walking the Camino Frances in the fall.  So hopefully I'll work out the problems by then. 

I READ THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU IF I USE COOKIES ON MY SITE....NEW RULES FOR EUROPEAN READERS....  TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE ARE NO COOKIES ON MY SITE. 

Looking forward to getting my site back into shape before the end of the year.   Martha

1 comment:

Leslie in Oregon said...

That sounds like quite a cruise you are going on: thirty days at sea, ending in St. Petersburg! I spent three consecutive winters in Moscow and St. Petersburg in the early 1970's, when US-USSR relations were frigid. I love reading stories about people's visits to those cities now: everything has changed, and I would not recognize life in either city. How much time will you spend in St. Petersburg? Are you going to other parts of Russia?

Walking Camino Francés to celebrate your 80th birthday...that sounds just like you: absolutely amazing! Is that the same Camino route to Santiago de Compostela that you walked, and wrote about, a few years ago? Are the plans for your upcoming walk going to be similar to what you did on that walk?

Congratulations on completing your move. Moving (usually to downsize) is the most frequent topic of conversation among my various groups of friends, and it is something that Scott and I will have to do as soon as neither of us goes to work at a downtown Portland office every day. I'm not looking forward to it, as I love our home and garden (and we have not moved for nearly 32 years!).

Looking forward to reading the stories of your travels, as always, Leslie