Sunday, July 26, 2015

THE NINTH WEEK OF TRAINING

Hard to believe that 2 weeks from Tuesday I'll be on the airplane to Spain!  This weekend has been a bust for exercise as family has filled the days. 
Jay was down with Tom for water polo tournment...Wendy & Keith went to Oregon for a wedding so we got some time with their dog.  Mary & Tushar had two full days of real estate classes so along with Ruby and Jim had the two boys both days.  As I said....it was a family weekend.


To recap my week on Monday I walked 5.7 miles in 2 hours. On Tuesday I did 5.17 miles in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
On Wednesday I hiked 7.16 miles in 2 hours and 38 minutes. Thursday was my  biggest day when I hiked 11.18 miles in 4 hours and 40 minutes. On Friday it was 7.91 miles in 3 hours and 9 minutes. Most days I had my pack on my back. It weighs 17 pounds. Everything I read says that I should eliminate 25% of what I have in there before I leave home. That may be a struggle to choose what to take and what to leave home.
Today we did the in an out around the lake which is 2 miles.. it was very warm. I'm looking forward to starting back with my pack again tomorrow on Monday. I did learn last week that when my socks don't feel good in my shoes it's time to sit down take off my shoes and change my socks. I didn't on Friday and I ended up with 3 blisters little ones but all the same they hurt.  Buen Camino


No comments: