Friday, September 25, 2015

DAY FORTY THREE ON THE CAMINO

A long day that started at 5:30 am to the tune of multiple snores surrounding me.  It's now after 9 pm and Jim is already asleep in our very quiet hotel room.



Link to Picasa Web Album:  https://picasaweb.google.com/117895434014273629374/DayFortyThreeOnTheCamino925?authuser=0&feat=directlink 



I walked the 2 miles into Sarria this morning with another pilgrim who has problems with her knees.  We parted ways just over the bridge as she left for Morgade and I went looking for our hotel.  Got checked in, and also arranged transport of Jim's suitcase for the balance of the trip.  I was able to lighten my pack by about five pounds that I was able to put in his suitcase.  I'll zip up that mountain tomorrow!


I met Jim at the bus station and we walked to the hotel.  Sarria seems like a big city after so many days in the small villages...but it's only a nice sized town.  We're able to walk everywhere we need to go.  Reorganized the bags and then went eat dinner along the river.  Afterwards we walked up what seemed like a zillion steps to the church where we registered Jim as an official pilgrim starting his camino journey tomorrow.


Afterwards it was back to the hotel and soon to bed.  It's been a long day for both of us.  Buen Camino

  





No comments: